PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Friends,
The September Newsletter with new Ted lesson material is now up and ready for your consumption (musical absorption that is, not to be confused with tuberculosis of the lungs!). [smile]

Hope you find something useful to your playing.
Enjoy!
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Reply with quote  #2 
Paul,  Thanks for the clarification about TB since I couldn't find my Merck Manual nor my notes from Dr. Mayersohn's 1978 Biopharmaceutics / Pharmacokinetics course that he co- taught with Dr. Perrier and I had been starting to worry about a cough I had for a few days that finally resolved on its own.     
BLC
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Well, BLC, we have to keep an eye out for you. [wink]

For all:  if you've already downloaded the "12-Bar Blues - Chicago Blues" file from this month, you'll want to get the new version that was just uploaded.
There was a very small notation typo in the last measure that was discovered after posting...now corrected.  [comp]

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the material. I particularly liked the VanEps triad examples, really powerful stuff.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi earsoup,
Thanks, glad you like the stuff.  The GVE Style Variations was a cool piece to write up, albeit time-consuming.  I always learn so much by diving deep into Ted's pages.
We should have some more GVE stuff from Ted coming in the next couple of months.

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi,
If you've already downloaded the "V-2, Color Overview of Suspended 3rd Inversion Dominant V-2" page that was just posted this month, you should get the new corrected version that we just swapped out.
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/v_system/V-2_Color_Overview_of_Suspended_3rd_Inv_Dom_V-2_1987-04-29.pdf

The first version had a small typo in one of the notation examples.
Thanks to BLC for pointing this out.

Reply with quote  #7 
Is there something wrong with the site? It looks as if its being moved or redone or something. 
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
I was informed by Leon White that it should be back up within a day or so.
Not sure what the problem was.
Will let you know.

Reply with quote  #9 
Okay folks, the TedGreene.com is back.  [smile]
It was down Saturday - Monday afternoon.
I found that the shortcut in my browser was still linking to a blank/obsolete page, so I had to make a new shortcut.
http://www.tedgreene.com/default.asp

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Paul,
The forums are still inaccessible to many. They won't be reading your note about the new address, unless there is another way to communicate it outside of the TG website.  Maybe some other place on the web TG fans frequent such as YouTube or Facebook for example.  Do we anticipate getting http://www.tedgreene.com back from being redirected to the infamous 'Hawaiian Shirt' closed for business webpage?

Nick

Reply with quote  #11 
Nick,
This is something for Leon and Dan Sindel.
Dan manages the Ted Greene Facebook page.
Maybe Leon can work out something with Godaddy for redirecting the old link to the new page.
Can you contact them directly?

Reply with quote  #12 
http://tedgreene.com/ seems to be targeting properly again for me.  Be sure you don't have it cached and I think the world's DNS servers will get you to the right place.
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #13 
Here's something interesting!  Tim emailed me saying that his iPad still uses the old address and gets him here.  Is Safari exempt from being redirected? Maybe it's a java script issue because Apple does not use java, to my limited knowledge about Apple devices.

Nick

Reply with quote  #14 
Yep I 'refreshed' the Hawaiian shirt page and the Ted Greene site came back.

Reply with quote  #15 
The browser and your settings on cacheing were probably the issue, so different folks had different experiences.  "Clearing Cache" or whatever that means will wipe it, but not being a techie much, I'd say tell your friends to type in the site address and then re-bookmark it.  at some point cache does get updated, so it should return on its own.  I think - maybe - perhaps.
L
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE