PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #1 
I'd like to send a message to all the players and students who may have recordings (most often, old cassettes) of Ted out and playing.  We'd like to get copies of gigs at the Sea Shell, Roco's, with John Pisano's Guitar Night anywhere, and especially the Smoke House performances.  SERIOUSLY - if you have any recordings or know anyone who might,  I'm begging for them here.  Ted was at the Smoke House over a 2 yr period, like the Sea Shell. 

If you're not sure if we already have it, pls check with us, as we may not.

We'll copy, digitize, etc. whatever works for the owner. 
Please try to hunt down some of these . . .

Leon

You can PM Paul or I here re: this.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Just want to refresh this message. 
We haven't had much response regarding recordings of Ted that are "out there." 
Performances, lessons....whatever....we would like to share them on this site. If you have anything or know of someone who does, please contact me or Leon.  Thank you!

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm bumping this thread for an important request. 

Barbara apparently made an archive CD of Ted and Emily Remler playing together in his apartment(?).  This CD was not offered here on the site or as a commercial product.   I have the label for the CD, but no indication if Barb made 2,12, or what.

Some of you may have heard parts of the recordings on Emily's site.  Paul and I are desperately seeking a complete copy of the original CD for the archives here.  If anyone has the CD or knows who might have one, and can provide a copy we would be most grateful. 

If you haven't been to Emily's sight, check it out and listen to the clips there.

Thanks

Leon
Guitareben

Reply with quote  #4 

Hello,

The other day I found a recording of "It Had To Be You" by Ted and Cathy, dated 1976, on her website for free - http://cathysegalgarcia.com/downloads.php      

It's at the bottom of the page. I hadn't come across it on the Ted Greene Website, or the forum. I understand she has more - you can buy it here (inc. the one posted above):    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cathysegalgarciatedgreene    

I'm not sure if you can get the DVD part of the album from there... all the downloads from CDbaby are mp3 I think. Do you know how I can get hold of the filmed section of it? (or are they the four tracks from Rocco's, 2000, that can be found on youtube?)

You may well be aware of this, but i'm just checking [smile]    - As I said, I couldn't find any reference to this stuff on the Ted Greene website (you should have a link to the album!)

Regards,

Ben

PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Ben,
I think what you're referring to is the GIT seminar in which Ted and Cathy played for the students.
The actual date is 1978 (GIT wasn't in existence in 1976).  Perhaps Cathy's date is mislabeled.
Here is a link to the TG site Audio section.  
http://www.tedgreene.com/audio/audio_Ted%20GreeneGITSeminar1978.asp

Check it out and let me know if this is the same recording.
Thanks!

Reply with quote  #6 

Hey Paul,

Ahhhh, so sorry, somehow I missed the fact that it was there. My bad!!! (I could have sworn I had downloaded all of them!)    

Regards,

Ben

PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Ben,
No problem.
Also, I may be mistaken on this:  but I believe that this GIT seminar was recorded by two different people.
Cathy's recording has a different stereo image and is not as clean as the one we have.  I believe we got our copy from Sunny Paul, as GIT student at the time.
(Hey, I was there too, but for the seminar he gave in the morning before this afternoon one.  If only we had digital recorders back then.....)

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE