PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Punkbop

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi folks,
Inspired by the very excellent Tim Lerch nocaster videos that show the Lollar CC, I have pulled the trigger and ordered one.  Anyone have any idea what volume pot I should use (500k or 250k)?  It's going in the neck position of baja tele (ash body, maple neck).  Poked around the internet and found only a few comments/opinions.  Thought I would ask in this forum as everyone here has exquisite taste! [smile]

Thanks!
TLerch

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Punkbop, i use 250k pots on my CC guitars, you might check with Lollar and ask what they recommend. The problem with a 500k pot is that it makes the bridge pup spiky and in my opinion too bright. But if you stay away from the bridge the CC might sound quite good with a 500k pot. if you really want to discover what your ears prefer you can probably try both and see which one you like. then please let us all know what you find.
all the best 
 Tim
Punkbop

Reply with quote  #3 
Whelp, put it together.  Sounds brilliant, although it could use a better player [wink]

Went with the 250k, will probably keep it that way - although I tend to get antsy and overthink this stuff.  250k for *now*.

I decided to body mount the lollar special T bridge and go with a half bridge setup.  It sounds great, but I am having some strange muscle memory issues without the traditional tele bridge.  My right hand seems confused somewhat.  Anyway, here are a couple of pics.   

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_1989.jpg (2.07 MB, 33 views)
jpeg IMG_1991.jpg (2.08 MB, 34 views)

TLerch

Reply with quote  #4 
Nice Punk,
I hope it gives you what you want.
all the best
 Tim
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE