PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bob

Reply with quote  #1 

This is a simple "Ted-like" arrangement of "O Christmas Tree."
Sort of Ted meets "Charlie Brown's Christmas." 

Ted worked really hard on his holiday material. He seemed to really enjoy the possibilities of the material harmonically; like a good puzzle that you'd done before. He told me that he'd start preparing holiday pieces in August to be ready for December and said that his friends thought he was nuts to be playing "Let It Snow" when it was 90 degrees in the shade outside. After the New Year's celebrations were over it was on to the "wedding season." Ted understood the business of a solo guitar player!

I hope that this little arrangement is useful and that everyone has the happiest of holidays.-Bob

Attached Images
jpeg O_Christmas_Tree.JPG (747.79 KB, 338 views)

SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #2 
Here's another.  Let it snow..In L.A.??

Attached Images
jpeg Let_It_Snow.jpg (238.91 KB, 231 views)

FenderBender

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi! I love the arrangement of this song that was posted, but i wondered if anyone would be able to have enough patience to do one of those chord sheets like Ted does for the version of O Tannenbaum that I stumbled across on YouTube.
Could anyone help me out? I'm not able to see well enough to watch his hands. If anyone could help me with that, it would be most appreciated.
That is one of the most touching versions of that song I've ever heard, and I'm glad I found Ted.
RonaldCid

Reply with quote  #4 
FenderBender,
I am the person that uploaded the "O Tannebaum" video...Yes I have to agree with you that it is a special arrangement...but watching it over and over...I have the feeling that Ted simply heard the chords in his head, and improvised the entire arrangement...His face appears to be thinking about the next chord cluster.....
RC aka Eightstring
rafikenn

Reply with quote  #5 

Two things may help:
I think another camera man is there, if anyone recognizes him, I'd be glad to pay for a better angle tape, or paint his house....
Someone said he is working on a iPod friendly version of the 03' seminar - that'll be a great help.

I think it's one of the best versions of any tune,
...Rafi. ;]

rafikenn

Reply with quote  #6 
This is a transcription from Ted's 2003 seminar.
Comments and improvements are very welcome,
Marry Xmas,from another jew4christmassongs ;]

Attached Images
jpeg 11.jpg (104.77 KB, 137 views)
jpeg 12.jpg (111.55 KB, 98 views)
jpeg 13.jpg (72.47 KB, 84 views)

PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Just wanted to revisit this thread to draw attention to Bob's, Steve's and Rafikenn's transcription pages.  
Perhaps we should clean them up and post in the "From Students" section?  
Whadayathink?

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE