PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi friends,
The November Newsletter and New Items are now posted and ready for you. 
Dive in!
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

There's lots of good material to keep your mind and ears and fingers happy.
Special thanks to Francois Leduc for yet another transcription contribution!

Happy Halloween [eek][eek] (and later in the month, Happy Thanksgiving) for all of you American fans.

If you're a Facebook follower, please "like" us for this month's additions. 
Thanks.

Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you to the transcriber and adder-onner of diagrams / chord forms in the inarguably
very handsome blue font on the 7b9#5 Ted pages in drop two land e.g. V-2 Dominant 7b9#5 chords.     

It appears that each of those 7b9#5 four note gems are inversions of mi6 chords a half-step above the root of the Dom7b9#5 chord.  In other words, looking at the first chord to take the stage, the D#7b9#5 is represented by four inversions of Em6.   etc etc.   However, and I speculate, after reading (and re-reading and re-reading) Barbara's beautiful / amazing book and also what Ted said about things such as this in one of his masterpieces, Single Note Soloing Volume 1, that Ted didn't think of it this way.  Rather, I speculate, Ted, may have viewed these from the roots of the Dom7b9#5 chord, e.g. those little circles?   Either way, very hip / hep ........

It may have been a Just Jazz Guitar interview where Mr. Carlton asked Ted if he (Ted_ thought Wes was thinking a melodic minor scale up a 1/2 step over certain chords--- dominant 7ths, for instance.   I recall Ted answering Mr. Carlton's fine question with something like Ted could hear Wes playing those notes but didn't think Wes was thinking that way. 

Again, thank you for the labor of love you shared in the aforementioned pages

Reply with quote  #3 

Paul V gets the credit for the blue font additions to http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/v_system/V-2_Dom7b9Sharp5Chords_Fill-InQuiz_Top4Strings_1984.pdf.  Paul has long used blue for his invaluable editorial enhancements.

Ebm6 = D7b9+ no R are homonyms.  Context, that is how the chord functions in a progression, decides which name is appropriate for the chord shape.  While the chord shape is the same, the root location is different. Ted encouraged us to learn each homonym from it's own root.  The dashed circles on the above page indicate the "invisible" roots, meaning they were visualized but not played, for 7b9+.

Similarly, as you say, Ted encouraged students to learn modes, including modes of the ascending melodic minor like the altered dominant scale, from their own root.  Who knows if Wes did this or if he thought relatively from the parent ascending melodic minor scale?

Basically, I think this is what you are saying, tedandbarbaraare1, but I thought I'd clarify.

tedandbarbaraare1

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you James for your spending the time to articulate/ clarify precisely what I intened to say.  I appreciate it very much.  Your words have provided me with the comfort that comes from no longer having to speculate.   

And Paul, there are no words adequate to express the gratitude for all that you patiently and caringly give and share. 

Barbara once told me that she completely trusted Paul and was grateful for all his help.   I echo her sentiments. 

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you.  It is an honor and privilege to prepare Ted's lesson pages.

Reply with quote  #6 
De nada y gracias.

Reply with quote  #7 
Regarding the December upgrades, all the non-pdf links aren't working and are instead showing an Error 404 page.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 

The non-PDF files don't open when you click them.  As per the instructions at the top of the 

"Transcriptions" section:  for program files (highlighted in blue)do a right-click on the file and "Save As"

That should do it for you.  If not, let us know.
Thanks!

Reply with quote  #9 
Ah ye forgot to say that even after i Right-click > Save as... the guitarpro and powertab files show an error when open the file in the program.

Thanks [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE