PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
A Special Treat for Everyone!

In the video section you will find a rare and special lesson from Ted on Baroque Improvisation.  Compliments of Steve Herberman via John C. McCain (no it's not THAT John McCain).

Our gift to you for the Winter Solstice.  Our thanks to all of you for continuing to keep the flame glowing. 
Barbara Franklin and Dan Sindel

Reply with quote  #2 
It was a honor and a pleasure to be able to work on the video footage (reformat and edit for the web) and what a treat it is to be able to get a glimpse inside the mind of Ted on what is one of my favorite subjects (which is Baroque music).

I highly recommend "part 3" as the music that pours though Ted is stunning and magnificent. I truly hope more footage surfaces from other Ted students who are willing to share their lesson time with the rest of the world.

Happy Holidays everyone

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
RonaldCid

Reply with quote  #3 
WOW !!! Super thanks Merry Christmas to Barbara and Dan, Steve and John for making this material available
Sundawggy

Reply with quote  #4 
Barbara, Steve, and Dan &JM
Unbelievable!
You rascals!
You just pulled one amazing rabbit out of your hats!
(metaphorically speaking)...
I for one, am thrilled to see new undiscovered Ted...Again
THANK YOU SO MUCH for another rare treat!
how did you do it?
peace
Sunny
andybrown

Reply with quote  #5 

Wow...Thank you!

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #6 
It was you Sunny Paul who enabled this magical feat.  There is now credit where credit is due (look again at the audio section) and the THANK YOU goes to YOU.   Barbara

Reply with quote  #7 
Hello All,

I'm having some trouble viewing the videos...the video and sound are both very choppy for me. Has anybody had this trouble before and come up with a solution?

It would be a shame if not, as Ted's Baroque improvisations are some of the most incredible things I have heard, and I'm fascinated to learn as much as I can about his approach to them!

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Bridgland
earsoup

Reply with quote  #8 
For us who never had the chance of studying with Ted, this is amazing, thanks a lot !
PaulV

Reply with quote  #9 
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!
To my memory this video perfectly exemplifies private lessons with Ted.
Thanks Steve, Barb, and Dan!
--Paul

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for sharing this gem with us it makes my day (and hopefully the following..), seems wonderful to have a private lesson with Ted
skotrock

Reply with quote  #11 
its very hard to come up with anything other than WOW and Thanks!- This is really amazing, especially for those of us who never have been blessed with meeting Ted- though I will say that through all the info from this forum and website, and his books, and especially his music, I really feel like I do know him.
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #12 
As always, I am grateful to be able to keep Ted alive in our hearts.

Also, can anyone please assist Stephen Bridgland? (see earlier posted message) He's having trouble viewing the video.   Thanks so much.

Reply with quote  #13 

this is amazing, thank you.

jazzfolk

Reply with quote  #14 
You are all very welcome!
Barbara, thanks for agreeing to share this vintage Ted with everyone. I have an audio lesson of a Ted lesson I recorded a couple of months prior to this lesson that I will be copying and sending to you Barbara. In fact I wrote an article a while back about my 2 lessons with Ted http://www.modernguitars.com/herberman/archives/000993.html
Hope you all enjoy it and Happy Holidays!!

Steve
http://www.steveherberman.com

Reply with quote  #15 
Regarding the stuttering of the video/audio stream  I had the same problem.  However,
 I solved it by just allowing it to run almost to the end  then pressing pause and with the mouse drag the slider back to the beginning the release the pause.  it should then play fine   I guess the hard drive had retained the stream enough to play it with out fault at this point.  
 that said    it's a great little lesson      thanks to Steve ,Dan and of course Barbara.
 Greg   
 PS   Happy Holidays to all

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE