PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Sundawggy

Reply with quote  #1 
Howdy,
I finally got around to digitizing my 1978 audio tape of Ted at GIT. I recorded it using my good cassette recorder with 2 mics.  If I remember correctly, I stuck one mic in his amp. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this unusually high-quality recording. It includes group lesson, discussion, solo, and super vocal performances by Cathy Segal-Garcia. His guitar sounds huge! Sundawggy
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #2 

The singer is likely Cathy Segal-Garcia, an amazing vocalist Ted worked with at various times.  Glad you had a mic or two there to record that. 

PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey Sundawggy,
Awesome -- I think I was at that seminar! 
I attended GIT 1978-79, and this was my first contact with Ted.  He totally blew me away...which was hard to do at that time, since I was seeing cats like Howard Roberts, Joe DiOrio, Don Mock, Howard Alden, Ron Eschette, etc., on a daily basis.  I mean, you got blown away every single day and you get kind-of numb.  But Ted took chord-melody playing to a level I didn't even dream was possible.  That seminar put the Ted bug in me, and it took me a few years before I was able to study with him privately.  I would love to have a copy of that recording.  So glad you made and preserved the recording. 
Many thanks!

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Sundawggy,
If you would like to share the tape with everyone, perhaps you could do it the same way Mark Levy did with his lessons. 
I don't know how this was done, but if you respond favorably here to this idea, I'm sure he or someone else will give you the details.
It's wonderful that you had the foresight to make this recording, I am sure many others would treasure this tape, I amongst them.  Sincerely, Barbara

Reply with quote  #5 

Wow, I'd love to hear this recording!

Sundawggy

Reply with quote  #6 
Well, thanks to the good people on this site, I will be making this seminar performance available. I'm not sure but perhaps at least some of it will be posted. (I only wish I owned a camcorder in 1978!)  I'd like to thank Dan Sawyer for getting this thing started. Dan, I have your LP! I would especially like to thank Barbara for her loving hand at moderating this Forum. And of course most of all, I'd like to thank Ted, a true musical scientist with a heart of gold. His soulfulness rings through every note he plays for all time. He was our Fully Realized Master.
With love, Sunny Paul
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #7 

Thank you again.  It means a lot to me to hear it.  Have a great Thanksgiving.

omobob

Reply with quote  #8 

Wow! We're all looking forward to this...

Deparko

Reply with quote  #9 
If you want, I can put it up on my site where the lessons are. You let me know

Regards,
Mark

Deparko

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi,
Sunny gave me his recording to put up on my download site. The URL is the same as the lessons. The URL is  HERE

Enjoy
Mark

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #11 
Sunny, thank you so much for sharing this exquisite material, some of Ted's best!  I am forever grateful.
To everyone, Sunny sent me samples of the files, the music brought tears to my eyes.
To Mark, thank you so much for making it possible for all to  experience this rare and beautiful recording.  I am grateful for all you have shared and done for this website.

Reply with quote  #12 

Thank you all, sincerely.

omobob

Reply with quote  #13 
Beautiful!

Are there plans to post the whole seminar?

Thank you for this. 
Sundawggy

Reply with quote  #14 
Hey omobob!

So glad you liked the track ....what a treat to find this community!
As far as posting......I believe that will be up to Barbara and Mark.
I'm all for it myself.....there are 10 audio tracks on the cd I sent

the first 2 trks are short w Ted talking / demonstrating.
Then trk 3 is more of talking/demo

Trk 4 brief talking.. then Cathy intro & Ted mentions he's now tuned down
a minor 3rd
Trk 5 intro then "It had to be you" w vocal

Trk 6 "Desafinado" w vocal segue to "One note samba"

Trk 7 "Fascinatin Rhythm" w vocal

Trk 8 "Somewhere over the rainbow medley" w vocal Sublime!

Trk 9 Ted says "sometimes it all works" then answers an excellent
question about walking bass (Thanks to Kenne Cramer!)

Trk 10 instrumental of "Londonderry Air" piece de resistance!

andybrown

Reply with quote  #15 

What a beautiful recording. It melted my heart! Thank you for making this available. The generosity on this site is continually inspiring. I'm excited to hear the whole seminar...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE