PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
TLerch

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Guys, here is a video i made recently that I thought might be good to share here. It's my version of Time After Time, definitely Ted inspired but hopefully with my own twist as well. I have a PDF of the chord grids and would be happy to send them to any forum members. Drop me a note if you'd like to get it.
all the best
 Tim

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice Tim!!  Thanks for sharing. (Was this inspired after hearing Ted's "Silverman" recording?)

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Paul,
no this was done before I heard the new TG recordings, but as you know I've been swimming in the shallow end of Ted's pool for a long time now. so lots rubs off.
James

Reply with quote  #4 
Tim Lerch,

I notice in this video and others you've done that you talk while you play.  And, of course, Ted did that, too.  Is that something you consciously tried to develop?   Do you think it has any benefits like wiring up the verbal and non-verbal parts of the brain somehow?  Or does it store your playing deeper in your subconscious or something?

Cause when I try to talk and play simultaneously one or both seem to come out garbled.  Or else my speech starts to synch rhythmically with my playing.   Or something weird.  For me, the inner dialogue usually shuts off when I play so verbalizing just doesn't come naturally.  Your thoughts?  Or anyone else's?
TLerch

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi James,
 I do talk when I play, I don't think I consciously worked at it, it just seems to have come from years of teaching. it is a little weird sometimes, I'll pause what I'm saying to keep playing something a little more involved etc. but I guess its just something I can do when the playing is somewhat routine and fairly well ingrained.

all the best
 Tim
tresero

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice! One day I'll get back to playing a 6 string instrument, but not sure what I would do with the other 3 strings [smile]

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for sharing Tim!

L
TLerch

Reply with quote  #8 
its my pleasure Leon.
thud

Reply with quote  #9 
I'm looking forward to exploring this. It's a song that I really like and have done a bit of work on in the past. Thanks for sharing Tim.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE