PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Calling all Lenny Breau fans (aren't we all?), there is a very excellent 14-page free PDF file of an instructional nature on Lenny Breau Styles.  It was authored by Bob Thompson of Portland, Maine.  Bob used to live next door to Lenny for a year and studied with him.  He is working on documenting and sharing many of Lenny's techniques and approaches. This PDF is an excerpt from an upcoming book/DVD.

Here is a brief run-down of the contents of the PDF excerpts:  
*   Lenny's "Pianistic" Approach - Guide tone Chords with Related Linear Construction for Blues;
*   C Blues with Turnaround (basic, fundamental altered scale application, and enhanced);
*   Voice-leading Examples;
*   Various Voice-leading Options for C Blues;
*   Chord Pluralism and "Planing" with Lenny's Harmonic Tactics; 

I think you'll all love it.  

To get a free copy you'll need to shoot an email to Bob and just say you'd like a copy of his Lenny Breau Excerpts PDF.

bethomps@maine.rr.com

Bob is a huge fan of Ted Greene, and he is also working on some instructional material about Ted's chord construction.  He wrote to me that he'll be willing to share some of that with us in the future in our "From Students" section.

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Paul,
Thanks for this!

My best to you.
Keith
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Keith and Paul,

Has anyone received a copy of the PDF from Bob?  Maybe my email found it's way into Bob's spam folder?  He's probably busy.  I recently happened upon "Visions" which has been out for a while.  I really enjoyed "Visions" and am looking for more.  I am wondering on how Bob's material differs or expands upon what I have seen so far.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Nick

Reply with quote  #4 
I received a copy promptly and kindly from him.  I haven't had a chance to do more than glance through it so far.  It is interesting that both Lenny and Ted liked to play blues by moving tritones on the the lower strings simultaneously with melodies on the upper strings, albeit in somewhat different ways.
bclark

Reply with quote  #5 
Bob promptly sent me the .pdf last Wednesday (5/21).  I'm trying to carve out some time to delve into it - it looks very interesting.

Brian
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #6 
I will try again.  If there is something mysteriously happening with my email delivery, I am hoping I can get the PDF second hand.

Nick

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Nick,

Bob sent me the PDF right away.
In the event that you are unable to connect with Bob, I would be happy to foreward your email address to him with an explaination.

Best Keith
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Bob requested that this file be sent directly from him.  
If for some reason someone is unable to contact him, please let me know and I'll forward your email address to Bob.
Per his wish, please don't send this file around yourself.
If you want to forward another person's email address to Bob yourself, go right ahead.
Thanks.

Reply with quote  #9 
It's okay, Paul!  Bob sent it to me on the 2nd request.  Looks good!  Has anyone dug deeper into this yet?

Nick

Reply with quote  #10 
Ha! I was just at Bobs house.. Too funny! This forum is great!
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #11 
Any word on Bob's book/dvd on Lenny?

Reply with quote  #12 
No, but there is a book about his life called "One Long Tune" by Ron Forbes-Roberts.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE