PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
PaulV

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi guys,
Wow...I can't believe this was forgotten.  I have it marked in my inventory list that we posted this in June 2010, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the "Lessons" area...so I guess we never posted it.  It was supposed to be in the "Jazz" section but I don't find it there.  Sorry about that.

However, here are the pages that were posted in my "From Students" section. 
http://www.tedgreene.com/fromstudents/WalkingJumpbackBlues.asp 
We'll put Ted's original page up in August 2012.  I think it would be more fitting in the "Blues" rather than the "Jazz" section.
Enjoy! 
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Benjamin.  And welcome aboard!

Reply with quote  #17 
Thanks for posting these!  Tim Lerch says he got his sheet from tedgreene.com  Anyway, thanks Paul!  Great demo, Tim!

Found the original posting back in 2009.  Also, check out Ted Greene's Blues Lessons 7-9.

Reply with quote  #18 
Benjaminira.I have looked for this sheet and cannot find it-I should contact Paul as I am sure it is archived as I downloaded the PDF last year.I think it was in Student Lessons under Brian Tottens name.The original sheet by Ted is dated 10-9-89 Titled"Walking Bass Jumpback Blues"w-'50's Ray Charlesish Theme-MM=96 Key of F#.Thats all I can tell you.Tim Lerch did a video on this on YouTube.Regards Peter.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #19 
Peter,
Please look at my message above (#16).  The link will direct you to that lesson sheet of Ted's.
If you still can't locate it, let me know.  It's in my "From Students" section.
The original will be posted in the "Blues" section in August, but for now you can find the original in my "From Students".

Reply with quote  #20 
Thanks Paul.I was trying to be helpful-as I have the pdf of JBB in F#-but for the life of me apart from your compilations-cant find under the sections above! Peter.
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #21 
I guess I should have clicked on your links before my post #17.  There they are, the sheets along with the video links, all in one place.  Thanks again!

Reply with quote  #22 
there seems to be a few lesson sheets that may have been lost in a shuffle, since there seems to be lesson sheets in the from students write-up pages but that are not in the main lesson pages. just off the top of my head i can think of "my foolish heart" comping pages and "someday my prince wil come". 

Reply with quote  #23 
and according to this post:   http://forums.tedgreene.com/file?id=364884   there would seem to have been many more comping pages on the site at one time.  By the way, I would like to request more comping pages, please. Can't get enough of them

Reply with quote  #24 
I also really like the comping pages and would love to see more, I did notice that there is at least on page in the arrangements of tunes section that is actually a comping page. Cant remember what tune it is but I'll look and let you all know so it can be relocated.
all the best
 Tim
found it, there is a comping sheet of Embraceable You in the Arrangement section
PaulV

Reply with quote  #25 
According to my records (which are not "official") we have not published the accompaniment page for My Foolish Heart.  We do have a page on this that was given to an individual student, but it needs a lot of help to be legible.

Someday My Prince Will Come isn't on my list either, and it appears that there is an arrangement (written up during a private lesson), but not a comping page.  

When Barbara Franklin gave me copies of Ted's files there were a few things that were missing (including some of the comping pages), so I cannot speak from an absolute position of certainty. Leon White has all the original pages, and he would have to do a thorough search to hunt for the pages you guys are mentioning.

I have known for quite some time that Embraceable You is mis-filed.  There are a few other things that are out of place as well.  We're in the (slow) process of going through and doing some house-cleaning, replacing low-rez. scans with better versions, re-labeling some of the sections, and moving things into the "correct" areas.  But since I'm not a "web guy" I don't actually post anything on the tedgreene.com site - this is done by Dan, our "humble webmaster."  I will prepare files and then send them to him.  He posts everything and manages the webpage and design. Changes are made slowly, as Dan has limited time to devote to doing this kind of work.

We do appreciate your input, and we'll make note of these omissions.  If you do notice something that was on the site at one time but is not there now, and if you have a copy of that page yourself, please send me a message and the file and we'll get it back up.

Right now my time is somewhat scattered with my regular job and trying to keep up with working on the new V-System materials.  Please be patient with us here, as we all do this for free.  
Thanks for your feedback about the interest in comping pages.  I'll be sure to keep that area well-fed.

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
According to my records (which are not "official") we have not published the accompaniment page for My Foolish Heart.  We do have a page on this thiat was given to an individual student, but it needs a lot of help to be legible.

Someday My Prince Will Come isn't on my list either, and it appears that there is an arrangement (written up during a private lesson), but not a comping page.  

Paul, i was trying to say that the aforementioned tunes are on your list of compilations but not on the main "lessons" list. So anyone who doesn't look at the "from students" section won't know these are available. This was my case for a while. But maybe this is an enticement to go looking in the from students section

just for the info to other people who like comping pages, there are a few hidden treasures in the forum! For example: do a search for body and soul, and you'll find 2 great comping sheets. they're both the same notes and chords but on different string sets (mostly v.2).

Reply with quote  #27 
I, too, like the comping pages Ted wrote.

You can expect continued posting here of Ted's sheets on V-2 chords, as V-System stuff gets rolled out.  Ted's comps tend to make heavy use of V-2s.  Although his V-2 sheets may not have the extremely tasteful application of these chords to tunes that Ted's comping sheets do, they give you the raw materials to do you own comps and play in this style.  Ted wrote more V-2 sheets, from various angles, than he wrote for any other voicing group.  So expect ongoing posting of V-2 sheets for quite some time.  As in years!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE