PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
goldglob

Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks Paul, good to see this version, and it has indeed the Bart Howard 1959 lyrics mentioned in the jazzstandards.com link supplied above by DaveAnno...very interesting. And I see that the 2nd time through the form is marked as letter B, but at the risk of being finicky may I suggest that we don't refer to it as a bridge.
Great to see the video above; Count Basie's usual delightfully sparse playing of course but what struck me was his unassuming almost shy character (probably tired and world weary as well). And Freddie Green, notice the way he strums, each strum has two parts to it, an initial attack then a sort of slower follow through (kinda brushing the strings). I was also struck by how Freddie in this video looks a bit like Barney Kessel (helped by the beard style!).
PaulV

Reply with quote  #17 
Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you all know that we've put a new updated version of "12-Bar Blues - Chicago Blues" in the "Blues" section.
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/blues/12_Bar_Blues-Chicago_Blues_TedGreene_1993-09-06.pdf

Someone recently discovered a typo in the notation for measure 4. This is now corrected.

Reply with quote  #18 
That's pretty cool and not too difficult, nice!

(The "chrom film cue" at the bottom of the original sheet... I'm guessing reminded Ted of the blues turnaround, I wonder what movie?)

Reply with quote  #19 
I have no idea what the "chrom film cue" (chromatic film cue) is referring to.
I didn't write it out because it didn't have anything to do with the blues piece. 

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE