PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
TLerch

Reply with quote  #61 
Welcome to the New Guys, the more the merrier. enjoy all of the incredible material available here.
all the best
 Tim
krishabang

Reply with quote  #62 

Hello everybody!

I've been using this site as a source of inspiration for a few years now already. I mostly just lurk around here, but I've got to say that I really appreciate all your contributions. There's enough studying material here to last a few lifetimes! [smile]

Here's my attempt at Ted's arrangement of "The Girl With The Flaxen Hair" 

PaulV

Reply with quote  #63 
Beautiful, Christian!
You got a great tone, time, touch, and taste - the 4 T's!
Hope you can share more in the future.

Reply with quote  #64 
Excellent krishabang. Impressionism, pre-first World War, timeless beauty. I think Debussy would have been delighted with Ted's arrangement!
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #65 
Sounds good with the dropped tuning, nice!

Reply with quote  #66 
Thank You krishabang, and Hi, I recently came across ted greene randomly on youtube. How I had not heard of him before I do not know. the first video i heard was one where he's doing a large clinic and exploring A minor flavors... Long story short, I made a donation here and the news letter pointed me here as well. Currently I've got 4 Ted books, Cord Chemestry, modern chord prog, single line 1 and 2 - also reviving my telecaster that I didn't care for to much with heavy strings, nut job and Goldendale bridge and saddles per Tim Lerch youtube vid. I'm also a huge fan of his contributions. I'm a guitar player for life so I think I've found a home. Thank you all and thank you Ted Greene, where ever you roam. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PaulV

Reply with quote  #67 
Hi thud,
Welcome aboard! Glad you found this site.
There's lots of stuff happening here as far as Ted's teachings and music, and the Forums community has some awesome musicians who are ready to answer even the toughest musical questions. Hopefully you'll find that the material in the Lessons section of the site are an extension of Ted's 4 books - plus some amazing things not covered, such as arrangements and the like.
Dig in and you'll have a lifetime of learning and fun.

Reply with quote  #68 
Hello everyone, I'm from an Island in the English Channel called Jersey. I have purchased Chord Chemistry and and Modern Chord Progressions. I am very much enjoying learning from these books. I am dipping into both books and trying to follow carefully Ted's explanations and advice. Ted's teachings are just superb I'm sure you would all agree. They have really re-ignited my passion for the guitar. I think the main reason for this is I have learned so much in a short space of owning these books and I know they will be with me for life now.

I've been playing guitar for about 25 years, learnt a bit of flamenco and blues, played in bands. Ted just takes you to a whole new level of understanding. Bits I am looking at the moment are voice leadings and blues progressions. Taking my time to digest the advice day by day. Really pleased I have discovered Ted.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #69 
Welcome, Ian!
Glad to have you aboard. You'll have a lifetime of study material to explore here on the site, and the Forums are an excellent place to post questions, observations, or share YouTube clips you might have made playing some of Ted's stuff. We're a pretty friendly community with some very talented guys ready to share their experiences, thoughts, and advice.
Enjoy!

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE