PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bob

Reply with quote  #1 

Today would have been Ted's 62nd birthday. Happy Birthday Ted! Thank you for all that you've shared throughout the years. Every time I pick up a guitar I'm grateful I knew you .

Reply with quote  #2 

I wanted to post something special for Ted's birthday but unfortunately my scanner failed. Instead of lesson material I thought it might be fun to see some of the material a young Ted would have availed himself. Ted would have been around 12 years old when he studied from these books. The publication time of the books is around 1958 and the material inside is very hip. Based on the melodies and harmonies in the tunes one can assume that Ted was a pretty good reader at an early age. These are pretty short books, little vignettes if you will. Anyway,I hope you enjoy the nostalgia.

Attached Images
jpeg Take_Off.jpg (166.70 KB, 54 views)

Bob

Reply with quote  #3 

Another classic...

Attached Images
jpeg Charlie_Ventura.jpg (271.80 KB, 39 views)

John

Reply with quote  #4 
Happy Birthday Ted!

You are reaching more & more people who love what you are about.
Thanks for having the will & spirit to pursue what really fascinated you.
( and you wrote it all down too!! ) 
Thanks for gently and thoughtfully guiding us all deeper into our music and deeper into our hearts!

With much love and
many warm memories of you Ted -

John C. McCain in Maine

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #5 
In keeping with the spirit of Ted's birthday tribute, here is a page from a 13 year old Ted's Mel Bay book. Dated 1959, noticed he wrote "review" on the page.
Teddy, there is not one moment in my life that you are not in my thoughts, or in my heart. Barbara

Attached Files
pdf Ted_Greene's_Mel_Bay_Page_on_Major_Chords.pdf (416.30 KB, 2 views)

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
the material inside is very hip.
I can remember people calling guitar solos "take offs".  I also used to hear musicians say; "Who is going to play the take off on this song? Being a take-off guitarist was like being a "lead guitarist" now. I never knew where this phrase came from, but now it's pretty clear! Thanks for posting that.

Reply with quote  #7 
Hello there.
I'm from Italy and I would like to thank you for running all this with such great Love. Thanks to Barbara in particular.
I wish more musicians had the chance of meeting such a great Teacher and such a gentle soul as Ted. I feel a bit lost with just his books.
Thanks!!!

enrico

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #8 
Barb is wonder, and there are special folks doing transcriptions and notation and such that also make this a wonderful place.  Make sure you reach out here for what you need.  Someone will usually step up.

Leon
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #9 

If you ever needed proof that one person's life can make a dramatic difference...behold Ted. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE