PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #16 
Ted Licks . . . that's a bit tough... 
if you'd ask him about the "detroit sound," for example, he'd nail that, and have the lick rhythm parts included.  If you asked him about a particular jazz player, he'd either identify their harmony etc. ("Yea, he's got that whole Bill Evans thing happening.") or play a couple of chords or licks in the style.  If you could get him going he'd get into it, perhaps in a humorous way. I'm sure a number of students could recall those moments.

I don't know that he had any 'signature' licks per se, but he certainly seemed to know everyone else's signature sounds from memory..

perhaps you could say he had a signature sound from a chordal or composition point of view as many of us can "tell its Ted or a student of Ted's" when we hear it.
-Leon
BFW

Reply with quote  #17 
I have waited nearly 30 years to find out what Ted thought of Allan Holdsworth. Wonderful to know now. Thanks.

Brian Weinstein
Mark_Rhodes

Reply with quote  #18 
Lots of great solos here. One I'd add to the list is Herb Ellis' solo on "Royal Garden Blues" from his album "Nothin' But the Blues." Great performance, just outstanding. 

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE