PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
kontiki

Reply with quote  #1 
Does anybody have a sheet or know of a specific technique or chord set Ted would use when going up or down (in the soprano) a given scale (in chords) when playing just one harmony. For example go up and down an A mixolydian scale while playing only voicings of an A7 and its extensions?

Reply with quote  #2 
I don't know if you have seen this (or if it the root of your question) , but in part 2 of "Ted Greene - guitar lesson - 07-21-1993" there is wealth of practical stuff that one can transcribe (it's definitely in my to-do-list):

There is something on that subject in end of part 1 here:

There's so much to learn in those two videos!
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #3 
Kontiki,
What are you  trying to do regarding this?  I'm not sure I quite understand.  If you take the 4 inversions of an A7 on the top 4 strings, you can connect and move between them by adding the mixolydian scale tones, as you imply.  You can do the same thing across the strings.  It sounds like you know this.  Is there something else you're getting at?

Leon
kontiki

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
If you take the 4 inversions of an A7 on the top 4 strings, you can connect and move between them by adding the mixolydian scale tones, as you imply. 
  It's exactly this that I'd like to avoid. Ideally, I'd like to play a different V.2 type chord (10ths between bass and soprano) for each scale tone. 

In one of the Mark Levy lessons, they're going through "Darn that dream" and Ted on the fly (no surprise there!) descends an F mixolydian scale (with some jumps) on an F7. I'd like to know basically if there was a lesson or a sheet out there where he addresses this issue showing some of his favorite choices. As he's often thinking about soprano when choosing a chord, I think he probably had an elaborate lesson on it. I was expecting something like that in Chord Chemistry but I didn't find it.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
I don't know if you have seen this (or if it the root of your question) , but in part 2 of "Ted Greene - guitar lesson - 07-21-1993" there is wealth of practical stuff that one can transcribe (it's definitely in my to-do-list):

There is something on that subject in end of part 1 here:

There is so much to learn in those two videos!

Reply with quote  #6 
Mike, That is very strange!  Which lessons were those?   I'm sorry to have to ask but I have soooooo much to keep track of.   I must have a copy here.  Thanks for letting me know this happened.  Barbara

Reply with quote  #7 
they were called apparently:

Ted Greene - guitar lesson - 07-21-1993    parts 1 and 2

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Mike,
I found the DVD in question.  However there is absolutely nothing on it to indicate who it belongs to.  I cannot determine who the student is.  I looked in Ted's notes for that date and he did not indicate any of his students that day were taping a lesson, something Ted would generally have made mention of in his notes.  Therefore the lesson could have occurred on another date and the 7/21/93 could have been the day the DVD was made. 
Under the circumstances I cannot put the video back up.  Hopefully the student will read this and be willing to share the lesson again?  
I am so sorry that this happened, and I do hope it will once again be available. 
Barbara 

Reply with quote  #9 
I have a copy of the videos in question, I can upload these again if that would be of use. They are great!
Steve. 
sonnyintervals

Reply with quote  #10 
I've just finished uploading them, they can be found here: 
kontiki

Reply with quote  #11 
great!! thanks so very much. Those videos are priceless!

Reply with quote  #12 
Sonnyintervals, It is wonderful to have the lesson video to view but... is this your DVD? If not, do you think this is okay to do? I just don't want to upset anyone.  Thanks, Barbara

Reply with quote  #13 
I'm sorry, I don't want to upset anyone either. If anyone has any objections I will remove them.
Steve.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #14 
Great videos!

Reply with quote  #15 
seems like some posts are missing or as if two threads got mixed up.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE