PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #1 
In all of the written, audio, and video info available from and/or on Ted, I have never heard him mention G & L guitars, specifically the ASAT.  I have owned a couple, including my #1 right now which is a beautiful butterscotch tele-style.  It is about as addictive a guitar as I have owned (and there have been many....).

I have found them to be very 'soft' and mellow sounding and not as prone to the crisp, twang like Fender teles.  It seems like Ted was able to coax very soft-edged tones from his teles so I would think he would find this sound appealing.

I am curious if Ted had an opinion on them or whether he ever owned one?  I find them really amazing guitars, especially for jazz.  Anyone love for the ASAT around these parts?
klasaine

Reply with quote  #2 
I have a fantastic ASAT. Early 90's I think.

Reply with quote  #3 

I have seen that pic on the Tele forum but didn't know it was a G/L.  They are really great guitars, I think.

klasaine

Reply with quote  #4 
Yes. My 'headless' tele picture.It's those pickups that are the giveaway. MFD - 'magnetic field design'. Sort of a cross between standard Tele and P-90's. I changed them out once but thankfully hung on to them. Leo knew what he was doing.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE