PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
tonjazzmaz

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi friends!
Anybody have the arrangements of embraceable you?
The Paul V. method is great!!
Thanks for all, and sorry for my English...

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Tonjazzmaz,
Welcome to Ted's website!  There's tons of material here to keep us all joyously busy for decades.  Unfortunately Ted didn't write out an arrangement of "Embraceable You" for his students, though he played it many times.  He did however write out a comping page for it.  It can be found it the "Tunes" area of the "Lessons" section.  It would be easy to make one of my "compilation" pages for this study, but it'll be a while before I can get to it.  In the meantime enjoy the material already posted.

Reply with quote  #3 
I wrote this out for myself because I loved it so much and wanted to figure out what he was doing. Any comments or corrections welcome!

http://www.tedgreene.com/transcriptions/assets/Embraceable_You_TedGreene_TransbyLucioRosa.pdf

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow fantastic!!! Thanks so much Lucio [smile]
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you so so much!  I love this tune!  Judy Garland in the Movie "Girl Crazy" kills it, if I remember correctly.
L
RobertS

Reply with quote  #6 
LucioMalcom:

Wow and thanks so much -- you've saved me and countless others many many hours of transcribing. So good of you to share it! Ted's rendition rendition of this tune is a real gem, one of my favorites of his -- can't wait to study it!!

best regards
Bob

luciomalcolm

Reply with quote  #7 
Hey, you're welcome! There should be a slightly amended and better looking copy up on the transcriptions section pretty soon..

UPDATE:  Here is a link to the final version in the Transcription section:
http://www.tedgreene.com/transcriptions/assets/Embraceable_You_TedGreene_TransbyLucioRosa.pdf

Reply with quote  #8 
Hello,

I've wrote out the arrangement Lucio added (I hope you don't mind), in Guitar Pro and here is the PDF with both classical and tab notation. I've been a bit busy lately so the timing and maybe a few chords aren't 100% accurate to what Ted was playing, since I've only had a few hours of free time to do this. If someone wants the GP6 file as well, PM me and I will send it over [smile]

Enjoy,
~Nick

Attached Files
pdf Ted Greene - Embraceable You.pdf (218.37 KB, 36 views)

PaulV

Reply with quote  #9 
Hey Nick,
Thanks for doing the notation!
Would you be okay with us posting this in the "Transcriptions" section?
If so, I'd like to credit Lucio Rosa with the transcription, and you with the notation.
So, please PM me to let me know how you'd like your name to appear: Nick, Shadowrend, or ?

Reply with quote  #10 
Of course [smile] I'll see about going through it again this week to see if I can improve the accuracy.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #11 
Maybe add chord names? [smile]

Reply with quote  #12 
Great job Nick!

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE