PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #16 
Tom Jobim was a fan and student of Frederick Chopin's music and loosely based "Insensitez" on Frederic Chopin's Prelude No. 4.  I have heard jazz musicians create a medley of the two.  Possibly a search for studies on Prelude No. 4 or the comparison of the two would be most helpful.

Reply with quote  #17 
Ted's view of the 'falling 3 notes' extended beyond Jobim.  We once reminisced about the "magical" moves in Laura and Ruby.  Ted said something like "Yea, that half-step triad thing was really important to composers in the 40's on tunes like Laura, and Stella, and Ruby . . .  "

I had seen it on piano, being a very poor jazz piano player, and watching the simple triads move down.  I Never moved the idea beyond that till he mentioned it as a composing device. And of course Nick is spot on.

By the way, if you're not on the list, you're not getting notified of updates being done on some of the older pages.  Cleaned up, or whatever the posted page might have needed.  They're going on now.  What list you ask?

L
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE