PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Happy Holidays!
The December Newsletter has been posted along with New Lesson Material and new Songs to learn. 
http://tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Enjoy,
Barbara

Reply with quote  #2 

Thank you!

skotrock

Reply with quote  #3 
as always Barb- you're the greatest ! thanks
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #4 
Barb, I know it takes a great deal of time and effort to get the newsletter and all the other things taken care of, and that it can be a real challenge for you. 
Seriously, what can all of us do to repay you?  There must be something, and I think many of us feel the need to express our gratitude beyond just the words.  Please let us know.

Leon
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #5 
Whoa! I just read the december newsletter.  How beautiful ! (especially coming in the context of you and Ted and his music) - a holiday gift of its own.  thank you for the thoughtfulness!

L
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #6 
Ditto!  Thanks Barbara for everything, the beautiful thoughts and music!  I didn't know that Ted worked out "Sleepers, Awake!"?  That's one of my favorite Bach compositions!

Nick

Reply with quote  #7 
Barbara, thank you so much for your efforts on our behalf.  I am usually waiting for the month to change over so I can get on here and see what's new, and you have always posted before I check.  Thank you so much.  I also echo what you have written about Ted this month.  Finally, having recently read what you wrote about Ted on your portion of the liner notes for Ted Greene Remembered just meant so much to me.  Folks, if you haven't gotten this yet. it is just inspiring - and a great chance to listen to Ted one more time.  Beautifully done, and each selection just speaks of the admiration that the player had for Ted Greene. Merry Christmas, Barbara and thank you again.

Mark
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Happy Holidays!
The new December Newsletter is now posted.
http://tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Happy Holidays to all!

Reply with quote  #10 
Yes, thanks Paul for the December Newsletter. The amount of material you put out every month is astonishing. It's great to see the lesson sheet for Jobim's How Insensitive, one of my Bossa Nova favourites. Wes Montgomery recorded a dazzling version which just soars and is worth checking out. Thanks again to everyone who contributes their time and talents to publish Ted's unique lessons and arrangements.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks, John....nice to know you like the stuff.
Yeah, I love How Insensitive.  I wish Ted would have written out an arrangement of this tune.  This page is just a comping lesson.
Yes, of course, Wes' version is stellar!  I also love Pat Martino's version from "Footprints" and Metheny has done it for years and taken it to new heights.

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Paul
Good stuff !
PaulV

Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks, Herb.  Glad you found something helpful.

Reply with quote  #14 
Happened to come across an interesting short study on voice-leading as found in the tune "How Insensitive" -  for those interested in going deeper into this tune.

Text analysis and free PDF at:

http://www.johnhallguitar.com/blog/jobims_how_insensitive_a_study_in_voice_leading

JohnN

Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks for posting this Robert I had a look and it's very interesting. It seems that Antonio Carlos Jobim was a master of making a simple melody go a very long way with his very clever use of harmony. In this case a melody based on three falling notes. And then taking things to their logical conclusion there is One Note Samba, where he dispenses with melody and lets the harmony do the work. And if that wasn't enough then there is that rhythm. Pure genius. Thanks again, regards,

John
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE