PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
I hope that no one visiting this website is stupid enough to buy this eBay item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-GREENE-JAZZ-GUITAR-ARRANGEMENTS-ON-DVD-PLUS-A-LOT-MORE-/151404436335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2340685b6f

This thief is trying to make a buck by selling all the items on my "From Students" section that are offered here for free.
Ted would have been so upset with this... [nono]  [mad]

Reply with quote  #2 
Common copyright law protects items whether or not they carry a notice.  Your shopping lists, for instance, are protected in that way.  I've inquired about what is in the bundle, and perhaps the seller will share that with us.

We don't condone anyone selling what we provide without charge.
The fact that we don't charge for an item does NOT mean it is in the public domain.  The two are unrelated.

L
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Looks like we had success by either us or eBay asking this guy to remove his "product."  
Thanks for everyone who jumped in to fight the battle.
If anything more like this pops up, please notify us....either in these Forums or directly to the Ted Team.
We all appreciate your help.... [smile]

Reply with quote  #4 
Unbelievable. Glad it was removed.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi guys,
Just wanted to alert you all to beware of buying any unauthorized books about Ted Greene.
This has come up before, and now another situation has been brought to our attention.
This may happen again, as some "opportunist" will download Ted's lesson material from our website, bind them, and then try to sell them on eBay or similar site.

Currently someone is trying to sell a book about Ted for $76.28 on eBay.  He states that "the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online." It's 148 pages.
Which probably means he has collected a lot of the lesson pages that we offer for free on the TedGreene.com website. 
Don't be fooled.
We just wanted to remind you all that there are some scams (or scums!) out there trying to make a quick buck by packaging our free material.
We will be working on getting this eBay listing removed. 
Any legitimate book about Ted would certainly be announced and/or reviewed on this site before you'd find it on eBay.
(If you ever see something like this in the future, please feel free to contact someone on this site, or just go ahead and mention it in these Forums.)  
Thanks!

Reply with quote  #6 
Not sure if this is the same "book": google this: 978-613-8-50033-9 (isbn) - it's 148 pages and was "published" in 2011 - it costs 45 euros in Europe"
PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Fabius,
Yes, that's the same one.  Stay clear of it!

Reply with quote  #8 
FYI!  Here's another one from the UK selling Ted's arrangements from this website!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131639405018?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Not sure why anyone would BUY his/her CD/DVD when they can download it here for free?

I already reported the violation to eBay.  Also, they are using Dale's photo for the cover.  Should I inform him?

I think a good offense would be to post an ad on eBay directing potential buyers to our website to join and/or download the arrangements free.  That would take the wind out of their 'sales'!

Reply with quote  #9 
Hello Nick,

I'd think that Dale would want to know, IF you are talking about Dale Z. 

BLC
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #10 
Done!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE