PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Today Chuck Berry passed at age 90.
RIP
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chuck-berry-dead-dies_us_5671bf13e4b0dfd4bcc04eb2

Reply with quote  #2 
Here's something that Ted wrote up during a lesson in 1995 as a special request. He called it "The Great Chuck Berry Fill Tune."
I hesitate to notate it, because I'm not exactly sure how Ted was feeling this, and the notation might come off as kinda still and not be accurate to the slides and bends, etc.
If someone else is so inclined to notate it, I'm sure it would be appreciated by all here.

Anyway, it shows Ted had a respect for Chuck's playing and that whole era of rock 'n roll.
I think Ted mentioned Chuck at least a couple of times in the Mark Levy recorded lessons with Ted.
Enjoy!

Attached Files
pdf The_Great_Chuck_Berry_Fill_TedGreene_1995-02-20.pdf (509.67 KB, 34 views)

James

Reply with quote  #3 
I remember that Ted played me a Chuck Berry record during a lesson.  He wanted me to hear Chuck playing straight time with the bass and drums playing swing.  AT THE SAME TIME.  I was amazed.
klasaine

Reply with quote  #4 
The swing and straight together is what most folks get wrong in cover bands and why Elvis, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Little Richard tunes and even some Early Beatles don't sound and feel quite right when covered.
It's the "sand in the vaseline" as a drummer once remarked to me.

RIP Chuck Berry.
Long live Rock & Roll!

chuck_berry.jpg 

Reply with quote  #5 
Chuck, when you see Barbara Franklin and Ted Greene (and
Ted's beloved teacher, George Van Eps) in "the promised land" please let 'em know we're all going to meet up with you guys sooner or later.   So,  stay tuned.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE