PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
zenguitarguy

Reply with quote  #1 
New release and available for purchase on Bandcamp:
http://zenguitarguy.bandcamp.com/album/chord-alchemy-a-students-tribute-to-ted-greene

“This project is the culmination of a long and arduous mission, the result of a student’s reverence a
nd dedication to his beloved teacher and mentor, Ted Greene.

John March has accomplished the goals he set out for himself by paying a musical tribute to Ted and his works, for the many gifts of learning about music, life, and in fact himself, that were bestowed upon him during the many years Ted graced his life.

Ted’s influence and spirit are subtly reflected throughout John’s interpretations of the beautiful pieces of music he chose to share with others. 

Within each piece of music, the process of John’s growth as a musician and a person is evident. John overcame the most challenging obstacles to attain, what I feel, is a true expression of Ted’s spirit in capturing and immortalizing the inherent beauty and delicate nuance in Ted’s wonderful solo guitar arrangements of standards, as well as displaying some unique qualities, born from John’s history of playing the music of the blues.

Finally, and most honorable, are John’s intentions for creating this project. I know in my heart that Ted would be so proud of him. May it go forth into the world and work its magic with my blessings.”

Barbara Franklin - Author of My Life with The Chord Chemist: A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey I know it's been out for a few years now, but I just listened to John's album for the first time and wanted to say I really enjoyed it! (saw the link in the 'from students' section)

If any of you haven't checked it out yet, you should. It's all that Barbara said in her review. I like John's tone too, a little different, maybe 'edgier' than Ted's. I think he's using a Stratocaster.

In his notes about the album, John says that he's NOT a solo guitarist, but I think after completing his project you'd never guess. [wink]

Reply with quote  #3 

Very kind of you to say so! I am in fact, starting a 2nd CD with 10 more arrangements, although I am having a hard time choosing which ones to do! lol

Thanks for listening and supporting Ted's music!

Larree

Reply with quote  #4 
I just recently listened for the first time, too.  Great playing.  I really enjoyed it.  A beautiful tribute.

Reply with quote  #5 
That's cool you're doing another album. Do you have a 'rough draft' of the arrangements you might use? 'Girl with the Flaxen Hair' is very beautiful... (hint hint)

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAnno
That's cool you're doing another album. Do you have a 'rough draft' of the arrangements you might use? 'Girl with the Flaxen Hair' is very beautiful... (hint hint)

Yes, I am pretty excited! Unfortunately That particular song is not one of my choices. I have about 20 that I'm looking at, I will probably learn all of them and then make decisions. It takes me a long time because as I said, I am not really a solo guitarist. Thank you so much for your support and efforts. By the way I want to mention here that I would really appreciate it if people could actually pay for the CD, I know that may sound crass but 1/3 of the money goes directly to dan sindel and goes into Ted Green.com and supports the works of keeping Ted's music out in the world. If possible please encourage people to buy the CD. It also will help me to be able to afford to spend a year making the next one. Thank you so much for the kind words. Take care
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #7 
Forgive me, I shouldn't impose my wishes upon your project. I'm sure that what you decide to use will be very good. [wink]

OK PEOPLE! I just bought the CD, let's step up and help John (and this website)!

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAnno
Forgive me, I shouldn't impose my wishes upon your project. I'm sure that what you decide to use will be very good. [wink]

OK PEOPLE! I just bought the CD, let's step up and help John (and this website)!

LOL, no worries! I am not doing that particular piece because it's just too darn hard! Maybe on the third CD? Thank you so much for supporting my efforts in buying the CD. It means a lot to me.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE