PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LeonBlackwater

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello friends,
I am a devotee of this fine group of disciples and I humbly prepared a short transcription of the chorus that Ted plays in the first segment of his master class.  The last two bars are loosely transcribed as I was practicing the piece and looping it in various keys.  It's a wonderful series of chords and as always Ted's time is impeccable, swinging all along.  This reminds me of a quote from the late great pianist Mulgrew Miller, "Make it dance!"

You can download the PDF here.
LeonBlackwater

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the kind words.
You really nailed my influences!

For those of us who wish we could hear Bill Evans give a step-by-step master class on how he approaches "A Touch of Your Lips" all you have to do is go here.

Now THAT would be an interesting guitar transcription!
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Ric (or LeonBlackwater),
Thanks for posting your transcription.  It's great to have transcripts which have been taken directly from Ted's videos.
I played through your page.  I'm not much of a fan of TAB, but many folks are, so I'm sure they will find it helpful.
It would have been nice to include the chord names.  
My only beef with the notation is the fact that you left out the key signature and piled up a ton of accidentals in each measure.
Nothing terribly wrong with that, but the choice of the accidentals is puzzling.
For example, on a Bb7 chord you use G# instead of Ab for the flatted 7th.  And you have a C7b9 notated as C,E,Bb,C#.  Of course the b9 should be Db, not C#.  Stuff like that.
My proofreader for all of the postings in the Lessons section would have had me go back to the drawing board!
Nice job nonetheless.
Keep up the transcribing!

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the commentary.
Yes, I quickly engraved this chorus for my blog without the customary harmonic analysis.
I will edit the score and mark the chord symbols for that transcription and subsequent ones.  I was a staff transcriber for CPP Belwin for a number of years and have many popular folios to my credit.  It's an honor to contribute to this great site.

Sincerely,
RM
LeonBlackwater

Reply with quote  #5 
The Bb blues post is now edited to include chord symbols and the harmonically relevant accidentals.  Sorry for the confusion.
Cheers,
RM

Download Bb Blues
PaulV

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Ric,
Thanks for the update.  
This piece would be nice to include in the "From Students" section, thereby giving it a more permanent and easy-to-find home on this site.
Would you be okay with that, and if so, would you like to include anything else with it (such as comments)?
Glad to have you as another contributor for our "team" here.

Reply with quote  #7 
Whatever is best for the forum Paul.
Would it help to write a chord by chord analysis?
If so I can do that, just let me know what the procedure is, otherwise I'm fine with it as is.
Ric
PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Ric,
If you wish to include an analysis, just send your comments to me.
Otherwise I'll plan on posting the page as is for next month.

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Paul,
I sent you the analysis and I have made a minor revision so the final post should come from this file.
http://www.ricmolina.com/files/blues-in-bb-3.pdf
Thank you,
Ric
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Ric,
Nice transcription with the bar by bar insights! The workshop videos are full of these little gems and it is wonderful to see someone take the time to write them out and share with those who really appreciate the many facets of Ted's musicianship. Thank you!
Nick

Reply with quote  #11 
Nick, I've watched the videos you posted here countless times.  It's an honor to contribute to this forum.
Thank you.
RM
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE