PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
April offerings are now up.  Go check out the Newsletter and then sink your teeth into some of the lessons.
Oh, and listen the the new audio clip and read the rest of the JJG interview:
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp
ENJOY!

Reply with quote  #2 
Wonderful thanks much!

Reply with quote  #3 

Hello World, been a long time since I've rock and rolled on the forums...

Always the honor to stay in the inner sanctum keeping the site and Ted's legacy alive and well.

[smile] And a way HUGE personal thanks to Paul for doing so much, preparing the files and dotting the I's and keeping the T's crossed!

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #4 
I always look forward to the next great newsletter, this one being no exception.  Bravo!  I noticed one of my favorite things posted:

My Favorite Things, 1995-12-11. [Some cool voicings (with a lot of open strings) for this well-know piece from the film, “Mary Poppins.”

Same actress (Julie Andrews), different movie!  This song came from the movie "The Sound of Music".  I am going to go woodshed now! A big heartfelt thanks and keep up the great work!

Reply with quote  #5 
"My Favorite Things" - Oh yeah, "The Sound of Music" - my mistake.  Duh!
It's been a while since I saw either of those films.
Forgive me for my lack of investigation before writing those comments....it was my "seat-of-the-pants" thoughts.  Nevertheless, it's a nice comping page.

Reply with quote  #6 
Nice to see there's still so much going on in terms of lessons and people carrying on the legacy of a musical guru so many years after his untimely passing.
barbaralovedcats

Reply with quote  #7 

The Mary Poppins / Sound of Music "thing" reminds of the following brief joke

Two cows were in the field discussing the ravages of Mad Cow Disease during its zenith.  One cow said to the other, "That Mad Cow Disease is just horrible"      The other cow responded, "Yes indeed. That's why we can count our lucky stars that we are penguins" 

PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Hmmmmm.....BLC, I don't see the connection, but I'm glad I'm not a cow.  
Oh, but I forgot....Vach in French is "cow"!!

Reply with quote  #9 
In my case it's always best to avoid explaining jokes.  However, I extend my apologies for my unsuccessful attempt at humor. 
PaulV

Reply with quote  #10 
The Newsletter has been corrected.  It now reads, "The Sound of Music."
Whew.....

Reply with quote  #11 
Paul,  I hope this last joke i anticipate ever attempting here in TG land is okay.  If not, I am sure it's deletable.   It may even be delete worthy and I don't even know it.   Maybe it belongs in the Baroque section.  Maybe it belongs in the delete file.

Thanks for all that you do for all of us here in TG land. 

Here goes, and it is in fact a "classic" 

C, E flat and G walk into a bar and the bartender says: “Sorry we don’t serve minors”, so E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, “Excuse me. I’ll just be a second.” Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, “Get out! You’re the seventh minor I’ve found in this bar tonight.”

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, “you’re looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development.” Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural.

Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he’s under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional facility

earsoup

Reply with quote  #12 
Also a wonderful version of "Your song", beautiful playing as usual and tons of sweet ideas. Thanks !
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE