PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next
matrix44474

Reply with quote  #61 
I ordered a copy from Alfred and it came today. I didn't realize Amazon.com would have it eventually for about $2 less and with the free shipping option. Oh well, wasted $7, but at least I have the book!
Wckoek

Reply with quote  #62 
But it shows that it only had 64 pages, does they cut down on something?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0739053841/ref=pe_5050_9714170_pe_snp_841

Koek Wei Chew
ChemicalChords

Reply with quote  #63 
Has anyone ordered a copy of this thing? I wonder if they have made the font smaller or something to condense all this material into 64 pgs, I think I am going to order one just to see whats goin on.

Reply with quote  #64 
Now there saying the book is out of print? What the heck is going on here?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0739053841

Reply with quote  #65 
Does anyone know if any pages or portions were cut out of the reprint and if so, how drastic are the changes?

Reply with quote  #66 
I saw two copies at Boulevard Music in Culver City last night.  I've attached their business card for contact info.  I looked through it and ITS ALL THERE!  Nothing has been cut out!  Amazon posted wrong information.  The only thing changed is the cover!  It reminds me of those generic covers used on jazz albums from the 50s.  I prefer the pic of Ted in his safari looking leisure suit over this one.  Also, the cover title is so small and in script that it would be very easy to miss with just a passing glance.

Nick

Attached Images
jpeg New_SNS2_Cover.jpg (33.90 KB, 81 views)
jpeg BLVD_MUSIC_CARD.jpg (9.85 KB, 36 views)

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #67 
Re: the new cover - Ignominious!!!

Another of the many reasons Ted vowed never to use an outside source to publish his work. Ted vowed to self-publish all his new material. Which I shall honor when the day comes. And it will. B.

Reply with quote  #68 
That cover is horrible!  Ted would......oh, man, I hope you didn't see this one, buddy.  Oh well, I guess you don't need to worry about this world now.  For the rest of us: Buy a used one.  Nobody ever gets through a Ted Greene book anyway.  There has got to be thousands students that would be glad to unload it.  So find a used one on e-Bay.  Then you can look at that great photo of Ted on the cover (it's at least as valuable as the text).  If you buy two, you can frame one for your office or studio, for inspiration.  Ah, a wall of Jazz legends and Spiritual leaders........Now, where do we put Ted?  Right in the middle of course, between genius and saint.

William
omobob

Reply with quote  #69 

from the old flickr site...

Attached Images
jpeg Single_Note_Soloing_Volume_2_Cover.jpg (24.25 KB, 52 views)

masterH

Reply with quote  #70 

The edition with the old cover does come up on auction sites once in a while, however, it costs around $120 so it's easy to see why most people are going to buy the new- and much cheaper- edition. As soon as I have the money i'll be getting chord chemistry, SNS 2 and the solo guitar cd so that my Ted Greene collection is complete

NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #71 

Whoa!  Look who got the same 50's generic jazz cover?  Tommy Tedesco!  I guess the folks at Alfred have run clean out of creative ideas for new covers.

Nick

Attached Images
jpeg tedesco_book.jpg (42.21 KB, 44 views)

ChemicalChords

Reply with quote  #72 
What the hell is wrong with those people over? Using the same cover for two completely different books?

Reply with quote  #73 
I just received a copy of the new edition.  It is 132 pages and has 3 full page black & white photos of Ted.

As far as the cover... it is the cover they are using for their Dale Zdenek Publications series.  Believe it or not they are printing all of Ted's books using the same cover art.  I'm glad I was able to get copies of Ted's other books with the original artwork (or some variation on the first edition cover art).

Roger S.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #74 
Hi,
I was at McCabes guitar store in Santa Monica today and they have two brand new copies of Ted's Single Note Soloing VOLUME 2, at the price of $16.95.  This is the early editions with Ted on the cover wearing his safari jacket.  They didn't have the newer re-issues.
So, if you want a copy...head on out there!
--Paul

Reply with quote  #75 
Man, can you believe it??  With all of the people in all of the world looking for copies of SNS#2, there it sits at McCabes, of all places.  Now I never did get to 'sit at the feet of THIS master,' but in listening to the lessons that have been so kindly donated, I have certainly heard Ted speak of McCabes many times.  And there they sit.... Thanks for the 'heads up' Paul!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE