PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
theodoregeisel

Reply with quote  #31 
One sold a few hours ago on e-bay for 77.87. unfortunately I wasn't around to up my bid. Barbara if you could make vol, 2 available I think you'd have a lot of takers on this forum and elsewhere. Keep up the great work.
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #32 
Whoa!  Don't spend $77+ on this book, even though the contents are well worth every penny of it!  I have seen other copies close at auction at a more reasonable price.  Be patient! 

I will also be on the look out for copies in music stores here and other cities I visit.  If I get a particularly beatup copy, I'll separate the binding, if it hasn't fallen off already, and scan them into a PDF file.

Cheers!

Nick

Reply with quote  #33 
It so sounds similar to what Barry Harris was doing but I'd like to see it. If you could find me a copy or pdf,  I would certainly be in your debt. thank you in advace.
barry

Wckoek

Reply with quote  #34 
Why don't we do a webshop in the webpage for selling Ted's books.
It helps to maintain and generate income for the server and makes his teaching more accessible as well.

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
markjens

Reply with quote  #35 
I am also still looking.  I still have my outstanding 'order' with Amazon.  When I ordered the book they stated one was available.  I don't know where that one went, but several months later I'm still waiting.  And hoping.

Mark

...and hoping '8)
forgottenking

Reply with quote  #36 

MY order with Amazon got cancelled may fith after 6 months of waiting... I hope you have better luck.

Reply with quote  #37 

I have seen a few copies at Motor City Guitars located in Michigan. http://www.motorcityguitar.com I don't know if they sell stuff on line or not, but the manager is a nice guy and might help you out. These copies are in brand new condition.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #38 
There is a copy of volume 2 of the Single-Note Soloing on eBay right now, ending on June 24th. (The same seller is also offering SNS Vol.1, CC, and MCP by Ted - with combined shipping costs if you purchase more than one -- and no, it's not me selling!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAZZ-GUITAR-SINGLE-NOTE-SOLOING-VOL-2-TED-GREENE-NR_W0QQitemZ270133758460QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64405QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply with quote  #39 
I'm also looking for a copy of Vol II. If anyone wants to lend or sell me a copy: micihch (at) yahoo.de

I'm in Europe but would of course pay the higher shipping cost, heck, I could even send it back after studying the book for a while...
Unfortunately this book isn't in any library around here.

Thanks,
Mike

mikeshuster

Reply with quote  #40 
as we know, copies of single note soloing volume 2 have been going for huge amounts on ebay........i sold a copy for $77, another one in new condition got $94 about a week or so ago.
i have another copy listed there now.it is NOT in great condition, but it's all intact, and should probably sell for a more reasonable amount. if you have  any questions about it, ask me here or on ebay, and i'll be happy to answer............it closes 6/24.

Reply with quote  #41 
I dont understand. If you search it on Amazon (you have to punch in "single note soloing volume 2" not just "Ted Greene" ),Volume 2 will pop up, and it will say
"19 new&used starting from 7.99" Then when you click on it, it brings you to price listings for Vol. 1. But the thing is that I am sure that I ordered Vol.2 from this same site and I bought a used copy for around 10 bucks, and when I received it, it was Vol. 2. I ordered it a month or so after this thread started. I want to know why they have a page showing "19new&used" copies for Vol.2 and then it directs you to price listings for vol.1

Reply with quote  #42 
Wow, that beat up copy you mentioned fetched $78.77!  I thought I might have a shot at $25 - NOT!  Oh well, that's what I bid and it only went for three times that, so apparently it is just a matter of time '8) 

As for the Amazon thing, that is the way it works.  They say they have 21 used and new, but in fact that is Volume one to which they refer. They have no volume two, and after six months of awaiting my order, they finally did cancel it.  I don't think there are any volume two's forthcoming on Amazon.  I'm still keeping my eyes peeled elsewhere, though.

Mark
lesgasser

Reply with quote  #43 
I sent a note to Alfred Publishing Company, and below
is their reply, which arrived today.

-- Les

Thank you for contacting Alfred Publishing.  The Volume 2 of Jazz Guitar Single Note Soloing is being scheduled for a reissue; it should be available this winter or early next year.  If you have any further questions or comments, you may contact me by email at customerservice@alfred.com or by calling 818-892-2452.

Sincerely,

Matt Levitt

Alfred Customer Service

PaulV

Reply with quote  #44 
Thanks Matt, for contacting the publisher.  That's great news! 
So folks, don't spend $75.00 on an old beat-up copy on eBay -- it should be available at the end of the year or early 2008! 
--Paul!

Reply with quote  #45 
I also sent them a E-mail just 2 days ago and they sent me a reply saying that also, so at least they know that there are people out there waiting for it, so thats good.

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for contacting Alfred Publishing.  The Volume 2 of Jazz Guitar Single Note Soloing is being scheduled for a reissue; it should be available this winter or early next year.  If you have any further questions or comments, you may contact me by email at customerservice@alfred.com or by calling 818-892-2452.

Sincerely,

Matt Levitt

Alfred Customer Service

Learn • Teach • Play Music

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:24 AM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Question About Ted Greenes Single Note Soloing Jazz Guitar Vol .2

Hello my name is Samuel, I was wondering if you are still printing copies of Ted Greenes Single note soloing Vol.2, I very often read a forum that is dedicated to Ted Greene and his lessons and teachings, which you can find at tedgreene.com under Forums. Many members of this forum say that they are unable to find Vol. 2 anywhere, Amazon has put many people on hold for up to 6 months. Have you discontinued printing them? If not, possibly a date that you could release. I assure you there are many people out who have been desperately looking for this book and would most assuredly purchase it if it when back in print. If you have any information that you could give me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE