PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
bishopdm

Reply with quote  #16 
My copies of Vols I and II both have a red cover, so maybe the seller is indeed offering both Vols after all. It would be nice if the title of that second red cover was uncovered so you could be sure. Check with the seller first to verify, but don't assume there are two copies of Vol I just because they're both red!

Reply with quote  #17 
Keep checking out eBay.  I saw two copies of Vol. 2 there recently.  One was in a three ring notebook, but the other still had the binding intact.  I think it very odd that Vol. 1 is so much easier to find than Vol. 2!  I think it also very odd that I have seen Vol. 2 in both red and blue covers!  My personal set for Vol. 1 (Red) and Vol. 2 (Blue). 

Be patient and check out eBay often.   Good luck!

Nick

Reply with quote  #18 

Amazon also has a notification option.  I opted for this, and was notified when a copy became available.  I was able to 'one click' purchase, and while I cannot attest to the effectiveness of this method, it is another avenue.  (I cannot attest, because I have not yet received Vol. 2, it is due within a week or so.)

markjens

Reply with quote  #19 
Okay, update on the Amazon thing.  I don't know how the whole thing works, but I suspect they just charge you for that which you want and then actually put the charge through when the item becomes available.  I state this because I just got a message from them asking me to 'okay' yet another delay on my order.  No luck on number two yet, still hoping.

Mark
mikeshuster

Reply with quote  #20 
i hope it's okay to mention it here, i have listed my copy of single note soloing volume 2 on ebay.
i see posts where people want to find this book, so i thought i'd mention the listing.
mike

Reply with quote  #21 

Try Gary Mandell's Boulevard Music in Culver City California. They had a copy last week. 

SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #22 
I think McCabes in Santa Monica still carries them too.

Reply with quote  #23 
I am in the same predicament. Alfred is saying vol 2 is "permanently out of print". Amazon just cancelled my order after 5 months of waiting. I guess I'll just have to come across a copy sometime, maybe I'll get lucky and find it at half price books or something...

Why would they discontinue it though?

Reply with quote  #24 
I was in McCabes a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't find any of Ted's SNS books, just CC and MCP.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #25 
just to re-state my posting of 4/29, if you need a copy of single note soloing volume 2.......check ebay. i have a copy currently listed.
mike

Reply with quote  #26 
To anyone with this type of knowledge: If Vol. 2 is permanently out of print, is it ok"legal" to post the pages on this site? B.

Reply with quote  #27 
According to the little knowledge I have, Alfred keeps its publishing copyright so it would not be "legal" to post direct scans from the book. Now as far as the intellectual property (e.g. knowledge, concepts, loose pages, etc) they stay with the Author (Ted or in this case Ted's estate).

I short, if you have sketches from SNS2 or corrections etc. Those would be ok to post here. As long as they are not direct scans from the book.

Reply with quote  #28 
Thank you. I believe I just happen to have said material. B.

Reply with quote  #29 

:: gasp :: Do you think you could compile it eventually? I would much rather pay you guys for it. Let me know. By the way, thanks A LOT for this website. There is just SO much valuable stuff here. Among my musical goals was to take a lesson from Ted... needless to say I took too long. So this website, the audio recordings of his lessons,  his books and his cd are as close I can get from that.  Thank you once more for all the work you guys have put on this and definitely let me know if you guys will produce some "unofficial edition" of SNS2.

Reply with quote  #30 
When I had to replace, I found them at Baxtor Northrup, in Sherman Oaks.  But that was several years ago.  Next time I'm there, I'll check, and if they have copies, I'll grab em up.

Quick Navigation:

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE