PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
kgnm

Reply with quote  #1 
I was listening to one of my old lesson tapes (1988-90) last week while driving and loved a comment Ted made, "Considering how many things could go wrong, it's amazing so few do". I'll take Ted's law over Murphy's every time! /Kevin Griffin, Corrales, NM
PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for sharing that with us. 
Would you be willing to share your recorded lessons with us?  Sounds like you may have a nice gold mine of material from 1988-90.  Please contact Leon White about this, as he has a project to collect as many of these recordings as we can from Ted's students.  We'd be happy to help with the digital transfer if you're not set up to do so or are strapped for time.

Reply with quote  #3 
Paul,
Sure! Of course there is a lot of chatter about life and such, but lots of good nuggets too, and I'd be happy to share them. I also have a binder of lesson materials, some of which don't seem to be posted on the site. What's the best way to share this material?

Kevin
PaulV

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Kevin,
Regarding the recordings, Leon White is the best man to handle this.  He should be contacting you offline in the near future.
Regarding the lesson pages, I would be interested in knowing what ones you have that Ted wrote out especially for you.  There's a ton of unpublished stuff that we'll eventually get up on the website, but it goes up slowly each month.  But if you have a list of titles or dates (or both!) I could search our library and let you know the status of them.  Another way is to check out the appendix of Barbara Franklin's book on Ted.  In the back she listed a LOT of the standard lesson pages that make up the bulk of Ted's teaching materials.....but this doesn't include personalized lesson pages and on-the-fly arrangements.  We're VERY interested in your contribution....so let me know....I'll send you my email offline. 
Thanks again!

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow, this is really exciting! Can't wait!

Reply with quote  #6 
Yay!  You know, if the 'chatter' isn't too personal, it is great to hear what Ted had to say about various subjects.  It has been wonderful hearing him speak of life on others' lesson tapes.  It gives us a great experience for what it must have been like to enjoy lessons with Ted.  More than one former student has said that Ted taught them as much about life as he did about music, and it is this holistic kind of approach that made lessons with Ted so much more than guitar.  Thank you ahead of time for allowing us a chance to have our lessons with Ted, too.  These finds are just so exciting, as are the lesson sheets.

Mark
cperron

Reply with quote  #7 

I also enjoy listening to Ted talk on other subjects and am excited about the prospect of new audio. I think I've listened to Mark Levy's tapes at least 3 x each and never get bored of them!

PaulV

Reply with quote  #8 
Hey Kevin,
Leon and I have tried to contact you, but it seems your email isn't working.  Can you contact either of us so we can move forward with getting your tapes and lesson sheets copied?  Thanks!

Reply with quote  #9 
It gives us a great experience for what it must have been like to enjoy lessons with Ted.  More than one former student has said that Ted taught them as much about life as he did about music, and it is this holistic kind of approach that made lessons with Ted so much more than guitar.  Thank you ahead of time for allowing us a chance to have our lessons with Ted, too.  These finds are just so exciting, as are the lesson sheets.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE