PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mark_h

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone,
I'm writing from England. I've seen a Fender Blues Junior for sale on ebay. It's made for the American market ( ie 110v not 240v that we use domestically in the UK). There seem to be two easy solutions one is a step down transformer and the other is a voltage converter. I want it for portability so I don't want to have to carry a heavy additional bit of kit. As it's only 15W would a 45W voltage converter be plenty good enough? Are there other issues I need to think about? What about mains hum? We have 50Hz mains cycle.
Thanks,
Mark

Zorshelter

Reply with quote  #2 
Well I won't answer your question  but I think you can avoid this especially if you're looking for portability, there are tons of good 15W amps in Europe you may pay a bit more though...
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #3 
Talk to your local Fender dealer. this model should be available in the UK although it may have a slightly different model name.

Reply with quote  #4 
I see that this thread is a bit old but anyway, I live in London and see new listings of Blues Juniors (with local power specs) come up on eBay just about every day. I bought one recently..gorgeous smooth warm sound...I think Ted would have loved them.
TLerch

Reply with quote  #5 
Goldglob,
Yes I do believe Ted had a favorite Blues Jr.  I made a few mods to mine to get a bit more clean headroom and more bass. Changing the speaker helped make it bloom a bit more and solved the slightly boxy low end. Glad you found one and like it. all the best,
Tim

aussieninja

Reply with quote  #6 
The 15w rating is of the output of the amp, not the total power drain of the amplifier itself. I have a 15watt Epiphone valve amp and its total power consumption is 80 watts.
Check the back off the amp or the manual to get the total power consumption for the device.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE