PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
James

Reply with quote  #1 
Sadly, one of my very favorite guitarists, Allan Holdsworth, is dead.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Allen was unique. I spoke with Rowanne Mark a couple of times.  
She sang with Allan Holdsworth on two of his albums:  Atavachron (1986), track 7, “All Our Yesterdays,” and Secrets (1989) track 2, “Secrets.” 
(See the TedGreene.com February 2015 Newsletter.)

She also sang with Ted: http://www.tedgreene.com/audio/audio_TedGreeneWithRowanneMark.asp

She told me that it was always a joy to work with Allan because he has that same kind, caring, and thoughtful nature that she found in Ted. 
She really loved working with both of these great guitarists.

RIP Allan.

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, Allan, for all your music you left us.   You are yet another brother from another mother to most of us, just like Ted.

You and Ted are now going to be revealing many stretches , grabbing chords/sounds beyond what has even to this day, and beyond,  been yet to be heard... but now only to be heard up in heaven.  Perhaps you'll be assigned to the angelic Harp collection where Ted is also working alongside his beloved teacher, GVE. 

For those who have their back issues of Guitar Player magazine handy, check out the August 1990 issue, pages 28 through 32, the article titled "Finding the Uncommon Chord: the Voicings of Allan Holdsworth" by Paul Bourdeau.    Transcription excerpts galore from "Devil Take the Hindmost," "The Things You See," "Material Real," "Metal Fatigue," "Panic Station" and " Atavachron."    That last one is close to Paul's last name e.g. remove the "r" and what remains is "atavachon."       Hmmmmm.....

Thanks and thanks once again, and always and forever, Allan.  You miraculously, like Ted, clearly examined what came before you, then ended up creating sounds that never were heard before.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE