PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #1 
I was thumbing through Chord Chemistry this morning and for some reason I noticed that there are no acoustics pictured in the sea of guitars that surrounds Ted.  It kind of dawned on me that I have never seen pix of Ted w/ an acoustic, nor heard him mention them.  Considering that he played fingerstyle and was crazy about 'tone', it kind of struck me as odd.

Anyone ever hear Ted play acoustic (steel or nylon)?  Did he have a particular make/model that he preferred?  I can only imagine he would have had a wonderful touch on them.

GregB

Reply with quote  #2 
Somewhere on this site I saw a picture of him with a small steel string acoustic.  It was either an OM or perhaps a parlour size instrument.  I seem to remember a brown top so I expect it was a cedar top.  I don't remember seeing  a brand name on the headstock.

GregB

Reply with quote  #3 
Found it.  It was a classical guitar.  Shows you how bad my memory was.
At least I remembered the "small guitar" part.  Or maybe the guitar is normal size and Ted was 9 fee tall.  That would explain those 7 fret stretches.

JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks Greg.  I think Ted was around 6' so that guitar must have a tiny body.  I figured he would have a nylon sitting around somewhere!

GregB

Reply with quote  #5 
OK, well, I'm 6 feet tall as well and I can't do those 7+ fret stretches.

Are you telling me that it's all just practice? 

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Greg,  That is a 3/4 size "child's" classical made in the Czech Rep. and has a really great tone and volume for its size.  I bought it to use for the music therapy classes I was teaching at the time, because the size made it accessible for the children.  The photo was taken the day we bought it and Ted, of course, couldn't resist playing around with it. However, he could stretch his hand completely down the entire neck on this one!  I actually think I have another photo of him doing that.  I'll look.   Barbara

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE