PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Larsen

Reply with quote  #1 

Hello Ted Greene Forums!

I'm working my way through the Modern Chord Progressions book, and not to be nitpicky but I want to make sure I understand his handwriting and meaning of a specific notice completely. 

Here is a photo from the page I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/zxXaCDi.jpg

"Notice that a V or V I progression is tacked on the end of these progressions. This is commonly done to give the phrases a sense of completeness. (Correctly read?)

Indeed I see one progression ending on a V. Is he talking about "phrases" in a context of continuing to play/evolve after the V? Or is this written notice related to actually ending a song on a V chord? 

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #2 
I don't think that A7/6 chord is an ending, you could end it by playing a D of some kind I suppose. The A7/6 makes it nice to repeat the phrase again too.

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Larson,
Yes, you got Ted's handwriting right.  Dave is correct stating that you can use that A7/6 to resolve to some kind of D major sound. I think Ted left a lot of the final resolutions up to you to choose.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE