PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
What Are You Working On Now?
What's on your music stand?  What music are you playing these days?
Anything from the TedGreene.com lessons archives keeping you fresh? 
What are you currently digging into with your fingers and frets?
Give a shout....we'd love to hear from you.

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm bouncing between things. I am learning tunes through Ted's site and the lick by neck site, I also am digging my way through the harmony section as well as the chordal section.
Mostly my practice consists of trying to focus on Ted's single note soloing practicing lines forwards and backwards and working the lines to a moderate pace. I then focus on the Modern Chord progressions book working on string transference. Lastly I try to get in work on tunes and maybe other books like the Van Eps books.
bishopdm

Reply with quote  #3 
Come on, Paul!  You know what I'm working on...

Reply with quote  #4 

Paul.Working on CM with Rich Severson-He was with Ted at M.I.T.and has a lot of Teds style.Personally I find Teds arrangements to difficult to read and play ...but love him all the same and try when have the time to practise

Stringfellow

Reply with quote  #5 

Two minutes to spare so a big shout out to you guys keeping this site going - many, many thanks, I'm sure Ted and Barbara would be proud. Life times worth of stuff to enjoy exploring and learning!

At the mo I'm on with the musical Chess, function toons, classical guitar via Pumping Nylon studies, Fingerstyle pieces on my beloved Martin J40 - Michael Hedges, Eric Johnson, Andy Mckee etc. and I'm considering a Keeley modded TS9 'Flexi-summit or other' for my gigging board.........where do the hours go!

Ted continues to be an inspiration and some days ya need it more than others!

I call in here when I can and I'm glad it continues - keep up the great work,

Tris

Reply with quote  #6 
Jazzuki,
what can we do to make the chord melody pieces easier?  where do you think your challenge(s) are with them?

Regarding the Lick by Neck - in case you haven't tried it.  You can copy the TAB into a text file (like Notepad), clean it up a bit (remove the header and footer msgs and so on), and import into Guitar Pro 5 or whatever (Tabledit?).  There you can derive the music, chord boxes and such.  You still have to tweak rhythm of course, but that is not so hard typically.  Has anybody other then me tried that?

Keep the input coming!  PLEASE 

-L
jazzuki

Reply with quote  #7 

Leon.I sure will-I wont abandon the site-I will get back to you on this subject.P

jazzuki

Reply with quote  #8 

Hi Leon.I have sent you an email,Regards Peter.

Keith

Reply with quote  #9 
Oh my let's see,

Ive been working on a handful of Ted's arrangements; Over the Rainbow, Summertime, Can't Take That Away From Me, Our Love is Here to Stay, Some One To Watch Over Me, Embraceble You, and a few others.

I'm also working on my own arrangements of Just the Way You Look Tonight, Beyond the Sea,  Bewitched, and more that I can't think of at the moment.

I bought a Tele and a '74 Delux and have been practicing a lot the last couple of years on the material that I have found on this site. I've made huge strides and am absolutely in love with the sounds coming out of my amp.

Thank you Paul and Leon and Dan and the rest for this site.

My best to you.
Keith
PaulV

Reply with quote  #10 
Hey Keith,
Can you send please me a copy of the file for Ted's arrangement of "Embraceable You"?
Is this something that Ted gave you during a private lesson?  I'd love a copy for our permanent archives.
According to my records & files we don't have an arrangement of that song, only an accompaniment study (and I see that a blurry copy of this is mistakenly posted in the "Tunes" section, not the "Comping" section).
Thanks!

Reply with quote  #11 
Okay, today I've been working on my arrangement of "Walking in the Air" from the film, "The Snowman."  It's normally in Bm, so I transposed it to Am in order to utilize open strings.  Beautiful piece.
Aside from that I've been working on the material that will appear as "new items" for the TedGreene.com February Newsletter.  I think you'll like what we have coming.

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Paul:

My wife and I love "The Snowman."  Is your arrangement of "Walking in the Air" written out?  I'd love to get a copy.

Reply with quote  #13 
David,
Nothing written down...and probably won't be.  It's too fluid and somewhat improvisational at this point.

Reply with quote  #14 

This week part of my practise has been to try and take idea's a la Ted with a simple tune (London Bridge is Falling down) play all by ear as a Bach piece, then a slow jazz straight ahead 4/4, followed by a jazz waltz, then a samba. Finally as a slow blues. Like the curates egg good in parts. But it sure opens your ears and you soon learn what not to play. Work in progress. All with a metronome at 86 bpm.

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #15 

Alternating between my 'classical' guitar set and playing around with harmonizing a melody in diatonic 4ths (was trying out My Favorite Things yesterday). Fun stuff!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE