PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
WilliamPerry

Reply with quote  #1 
I have two of Ted's guitars to sell.  One is a blond DeArmound just like the one pictured on this site.  Possibly the last guitar that Ted played.  I have never been able to play it since I got it back.  It is just like Ted left it.  The other is a copy of a Les Paul.   It is very inexpensive, bolt on neck.  Ted named her: Baily.  I don't want to sell eighter, but it haunts me knowing that Ted would want them to be played.  They make me sad, and I don't play them.  He always moved his guitars to the person who would love them most.  Let me know if you have any interest.  I couldn't put them on e-Bay or other sites because MY requirement is that you love Ted and would want a part of his history. 
AllanW

Reply with quote  #2 
William,
I might be interested in the DeArmond. I looked for a way to find your private email on the site, but I don't see it. If the guitar is still available you can contact me--Allanwny@aol.com
In terms of your requirements--Not long after I bought Ted's album, in the 80's, I wrote him a fan letter, which I sent to the record label address, which you perhaps forwarded to him. I had never imagined such music was possible on the guitar, and wanted to know if he'd teach me through the mail. He wrote back very graciously, and I did study with him over a period of about 6 years. It's one of the great blessings of my life. 
I eventually learned to play everything on the album (except Send In the Clowns--I was scared of the harmonics!), and I can honestly say that hardly a day goes by when I don't play one of those arrangements--or something from Joey B's wedding, or other posted videos--and never feel like I exhaust their beauty.
Much more I could say, but perhaps this is enough to have a further conversation.
With appreciation,
Allan
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Allan,
Wow!  You learned all of Solo Guitar!  You certainly must have some keen insights to Ted's playing and way of thinking.  I hope you can contribute some of that to this website, perhaps write a small article for the "From Students" section.  It's great that there are so many of Ted's students around who can offer different windows into his music and teachings.  Glad to have you  here!
--Paul

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks, Paul. I've appreciated your tremendous contribution here.
As far as insights into Ted's playing--William and I had a long, interesting, funny and very moving talk last night, and I'll repeat one thing I said to him--
that all the attention to Ted's brilliant harmonic understanding often overshadows his sense of time and rhythm. As far as I know, there are no "sheets" on this aspect of his playing, but he played from such a deep groove, even playing rubato, and without that, even the most beautiful chordal moves don't keep the music moving. Especially for those of us who love solo guitar--and envy piano players, who get to use all ten fingers to create their harmonic movement, and have a sustain pedal to boot--that sense of time (a subset of "how to play" rather than "what to play") is everything. Ted's feel for time was killer.
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #5 
William, I sent an email to the acct listed as part of your forum registration.  Please let me know if you received it. 

jas
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #6 
Oops..left off my contact info.

jazzstocks@hotmail.com
WilliamPerry

Reply with quote  #7 
I wanted to update this.  Earlier, I sold one of these guitars.  During this time a number of family issues came up and I didn't sell the other.  At this time I still have the DeArmound, which is very similar to the one on the home page of this site.  I would like to get $500.00 for it, plus shipping if that applies.  You must love Ted (that's why it is for sale here).  Also, a few people expressed interest before.  If you are still interested, I feel most obligated to you.  Please go to my private email, as I don't get onto this site too often - thanks: mootzes@roadrunner.com,  Mention Ted's guitar in the heading so I won't miss it.  
ropiyas

Reply with quote  #8 

http://www.normansrareguitars.com/gibson-1961-es-345-tdc-ted-greene.html

WilliamPerry

Reply with quote  #9 
Sorry, that I have been away for this site for a while.  Both of the guitars of Ted that I could part with have been sold to wonderful people that care about Ted.  I've been blessed to have known Ted my entire adult life and have so many intangible and tangible memories of him.  It is hard to part with these things but will definitely post here if I have items or guitars that I can part with in the future.  Thank you Leon for continuing this site.  It is a wonderful tribute to Ted.  And, thanks for keeping informed on all things Ted.
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #10 
(sorry William, this is off topic. Glad you sold the geetars.)

AllanW wrote: "…wanted to know if he'd teach me through the mail. He wrote back very graciously, and I did study with him over a period of about 6 years." So now I'm wondering if these were hand written lessons and if Allan still has them. I'm going to email him to find out.

Reply with quote  #11 
Dan,
I think it's safe to say that everyone here would be interested in those handwritten lessons.  Please let us know what develops!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE